Hot Chocolate and diabetes part of a heart-healthy diet.
by constantinenov 28, 2022
Chocolate that is good for diabetics is simply chocolate with suitable sugar. We found Sucanat (a sugar cane natural, Wholesome Brand) satisfies the requirement while not messing with your body's mg/dL or pH level. The all-encompassing statement: a spike in the blood sugar after two hours sends chills through your spine. However, by educating yourself on slow and fast sugar, be better equipped to evaluate what I am talking about when it comes to eating or drinking healthy chocolate. The Glycemic Index GI of our sugar is 43, so it will not spike your blood sugar; it's a slow sugar because it contains fiber.
Therefore, both prerequisites: GI 43 and sugarcane (Sucanat pictured), are used in our chocolate.
There are two ingredients in a plain chocolate bar: the cocoa and the sugar, expressed as a percentage of the cocoa quantity. For example, all our chocolate is 75%. So the remaining part is the sugar 25% to equal 100%.
The problem with using different sugars is that the volume equivalent and GI changes fluctuate. Therefore, the suitable sugar must have a glycemic index of less than 50, the threshold for not spiking the blood sugar.
This chocolate is for health as the outcome. As a bonus, consuming this sugar instructs your brain to be, acquainted with natural, unrefined sweetness levels.
Our prescription is to consume one square after meals for several reasons: it settles your stomach with what it needs: bitters and a feeling of fullness as a bonus.
Generally, when you experience acid reflux or other gastro issues, you may consume a 1/2" square of this chocolate to remedy it.
Take an informed approach to your health by purchasing these unique chocolate bars.
Melt with hot water to your desired strength.